CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepex chip

Posted by Chris Cowley
on 2003-09-20 08:00:37 UTC
not sure, but it sounds like stepex is a proprietary protocol (not
step/direction). this will limit your software options to stepex
compatible stuff. just a guess.. i cant google at this moment.

Recommended Reading/Research:
1. build a library of propaganda from as many vendors as you can for
each of the constituent parts of your machine. include application
notes, product selection guides, user manuals, etc...
2. gather bookmarks on every plasma and cnc machine on the planet,
professional or non. Hemingway everything you can.
3. read all 60K+ posts in this group of course

im still looking for "cnc machine tool design for dummies" too.....

C Cowley