CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: stepex chip

Posted by caudlet
on 2003-09-20 19:59:41 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, penn king <pennkingN@n...>
wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and really impressed with the
> knowledge freely shared here.
> Question, does anyone know anything about Stepex hardware? I'm
looking
> at a servo controller for a plasma cutter from a company in
Australia
> called Rutex that has a driver for arc voltage height control
that is
> $495.00 AUD. Also, what reading would you recommend to a newby
wanting
> to construct a cnc plasma?
>
> Thanks to all,
> Penn King
> --

Recommend you check out the FREE THC circuit over on the
MACH1MACH2CNC group. Mach2 is a low cost (150 USD) Windows based
Controller Software. It will take G-code or DXF files from most
design packages and output up to 45,000 pulses per second on a
standard PC parallel port for up to 4 axis. The logic for the THC
control has been enbedded into Mach2 so that some simple external
sensing circuitry is all that is needed. You can build the circuit
yourself or there is an assembled and tested unit that will be
available in 3 weeeks for under 200 bucks. It includes the Arc Good
sensor for any model plasma and the opto isolators and auxillary
power supplies needed to do plasma and keep the noise out of the PC.
I use Rutex (and Gecko) servo drivers but the THC they offer seemed
to be overly complex and out of my current budjet. There are a
dedicated group of "Torchheads" on the MACH2 group.

Discussion Thread

penn king 2003-09-19 06:59:56 UTC stepex chip Peter R 2003-09-19 12:48:00 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepex chip Chris Cowley 2003-09-20 08:00:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] stepex chip caudlet 2003-09-20 19:59:41 UTC Re: stepex chip