CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers

Vince Negrete wrote:

>Maybe the other guys can Enlighten me also since I thought Rutex's reference
>to Lock Range is really actually called "Error". Right?
>If you exceed that error limit of +/-128 the driver goes into error and
>stops. Why set an Error of 30000?
>Wouldnt this ruin your Product when you find your 0.010" out of spec and
>your machine didnt even think of erroring???
>Here is what I'm refering to: http://www.rutex.com/home/servodrv.htm
>
>But Rutex comparisons are impressive... I just think that having 30000
>would actually be a disadvantage.. Right?

Not necessarily. If the larger following error ocurrs ONLY during rapid
traverses, and never during cutting moves, it will not affect your parts,
but allow you to get more speed from the machine during rapid feed.
This is pretty common practice on commercial gear, and why large
machine tools have two speed ratings. The lower one is the speed at which
it maintains some level of accuracy, the higher one is what it can do
when accuracy is not a concern.

Of course, with step/dir drivers, you are running blind, as you can't
measure
the following error from the computer. A true closed-loop system, where
the encoders feed back to the computer, can allow you to have various
error bounds at different speeds.

Mina Aboul Saad 2003-09-22 00:28:28 UTC Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers illya 2003-09-22 04:53:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Vince Negrete 2003-09-22 07:47:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Jon Elson 2003-09-22 10:59:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Jon Elson 2003-09-22 11:04:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Vince Negrete 2003-09-23 03:14:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Jon Elson 2003-09-23 09:53:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Mina Aboul saad 2003-09-24 05:34:22 UTC Re: Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers