CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers

Vince Negrete wrote:

>>>Maybe the other guys can Enlighten me also since I thought Rutex's
>>>

>reference
>

>>>to Lock Range is really actually called "Error". Right?
>>>If you exceed that error limit of +/-128 the driver goes into error and
>>>stops. Why set an Error of 30000?
>>>Wouldnt this ruin your Product when you find your 0.010" out of spec and
>>>your machine didnt even think of erroring???
>>>Here is what I'm refering to: http://www.rutex.com/home/servodrv.htm
>>>
>>>But Rutex comparisons are impressive... I just think that having 30000
>>>would actually be a disadvantage.. Right?
>>>

>>Not necessarily. If the larger following error ocurrs ONLY during rapid
>>traverses, and never during cutting moves, it will not affect your parts,
>>but allow you to get more speed from the machine during rapid feed.
>>This is pretty common practice on commercial gear, and why large
>>machine tools have two speed ratings. The lower one is the speed at which
>>it maintains some level of accuracy, the higher one is what it can do
>>when accuracy is not a concern.
>>

>Ok, I understand now. Its pretty much for comfort and ease of use I take
>it... If I understand right you can make adjustments to your
>Acceleration/Decel.. to maintain a minimum of error without tripping the
>Drivers error/stop feature. I guess +/-128 might be a bit too tight for a
>Servo that is perfectly happy at 3000rpm..
>Later on, when I'm bored with myself, :) can I somehow modify the Error
>limit on my G320 to maybe switch to +/-5k when I want to, or is this a fixed
>internal IC setpoint? Adding external Circuitry would be easy for me. Just
>wondering if its possible? Can it be done??

Sure! You just have to tap into the board and add 4 or 5 more counter
bits outside.
Not really a practical change, I'm afraid. it is not just moving a
jumper, for sure.
You'd also need to add logic to make the 8 digital inputs to the DAC stay at
the limit when the internal counter overflowed.

Mina Aboul Saad 2003-09-22 00:28:28 UTC Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers illya 2003-09-22 04:53:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Vince Negrete 2003-09-22 07:47:53 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Jon Elson 2003-09-22 10:59:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Jon Elson 2003-09-22 11:04:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Vince Negrete 2003-09-23 03:14:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Jon Elson 2003-09-23 09:53:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers Mina Aboul saad 2003-09-24 05:34:22 UTC Re: Higher voltage servo motors with low volt drivers