CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM Power Supply

Posted by James Stevens
on 2003-09-24 15:31:01 UTC
Jon,

There are different ways to control the Mosfets. Both a transistor totem
pole or a Mosfet driver will work. The basic idea is to pulse on and off
very fast (you already know that from visiting your website!)

I'll do the best I can at explaining different details, but be aware that I
plan to offer the unit for sale - therefore, eager people may find the
information lacking.

The supply will have both a voltage and current display so you can "see"
what's happening. This is most useful as without this, I would constantly
ask myself, "Is it shorted or is it too far away??" With the display and
some experience, you can drive just by looking at the display.

I hope that helps some. Like I said, I'll try to explain without divulging.
Of course, you could always buy a unit when they're ready and experiment to
your heart's content!

James
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Elson" <elson@...>

> James Stevens wrote:
>
> >Dale,
> >
> >I'll be testing out my new EDM power supply this week or next. It is a
96
> >volt 10 amp supply with control circuitry for the power Mosfets. It's
not
> >an RC type - this will eat through metal as compared to an RC type.
> >

> Please let us know the details of your power supply, especially how you
> control
> the MOSFETs.
>

> I think commercial units have a way to switch in the paralleled current
> sources
> to set the current wherever you need it.
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

dalegash 2003-09-20 07:57:09 UTC EDM Power Supply James Stevens 2003-09-23 07:53:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM Power Supply Jon Elson 2003-09-23 10:04:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM Power Supply James Stevens 2003-09-24 15:31:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EDM Power Supply malotia01 2003-11-08 23:21:00 UTC EDM Power Supply