CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Another 5 phase Vexta motor, but 6 wire.

on 2003-09-26 08:43:32 UTC
Art:

Without going to the OM site, it sure sounds like a 5 phase unipolar
motor (Star). I'd grab 5 TIP 120's and connect them to the parallel
port. Use a surplus computer power supply and a 12 Ohm 10W resistor
(connected to the common). Download TurboCNC configure an Axis for
phase drive and spin that motor. Note: you can only power one phase
at a time with this circuit, no half stepping, or double phasing
allowed.

At least you'll be able to test out some theories.

Tony

PS: If you sign into the Oriental Motor site you can get access to a
lot of information on discontinued products. If it's not there -
give their tech support line a call.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur Mercer"
<amercer@s...> wrote:
> I have had this one for about a year now, but have not been able to
> dig up much information about how to drive it. This one has a label
> that reads:
>
> 5 Phase Stepping Motor
> A2487-9215
> 0.75A 4(ohm) 0.72deg./step
> FH7-1413
> C3 VY6 35174
> Vexta
>
> The resistance from one wire to the 5 others is 3.9 ohm (4?) and
> between all other combos 7.7 ohm (8?)
>
> What I would like is:
>
> 1 - Where to get a driver circuit (preferably something
> cheap/homebrew) that I use to interface it to computer.
>
> 2 - The internal wiring, is it a star? or?
>
> 3 - Any info/pointers to info on this type of stepper.
>
> Thanks
> Art

Discussion Thread

Arthur Mercer 2003-09-26 07:12:21 UTC Another 5 phase Vexta motor, but 6 wire. Antonius J.M. Groothuizen 2003-09-26 08:43:32 UTC Re: Another 5 phase Vexta motor, but 6 wire.