CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: What kind of belt for router table?

Posted by Tyson S.
on 2003-09-28 09:50:59 UTC
Hello,

Actually my mind is not made up at all. Being
that I have never done anything like this before I am
listening to the opinions and ideas of other people
who have had experience in this subject. The situation
though is that 20 different people have 20 different
opinions about whether to use ball screws, gear racks,
belt drives or linear actuators. I have considered the
use of rack and pinion by turning the rack upside down
so the teeth point down to keep out dirt and stuff. My
reason for avoiding this was because I heard it was
hard to keep the backlash down on a gear rack. I have
never used one so I don't know. I am not very worried
about accuracy when it comes to oxy/fuel cutting, but
I do need it to be really good for the wood router.

=====
http://map.findu.com/FIELDR