CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tutorial for 3d CAD???

on 2003-09-29 18:35:22 UTC
I just posted re: DesignCAD upgrade... I know it's not ACAD, but... It's
so close, that you'd probably be able to learn the 3-D functions from one
of DesignCAD's tutorial CD's. I got their 3-set package for $49.95, when I
upgraded to DC-2000, a couple years ago. Very good job. They still have
the training CD's, but I don't know the price. Check their website >
http://www.designcad.com BTW, DesignCAD is now owned by IMSI
Software.

RayHex

----------
> From: Bill Kichman <billkichman@...>
>
> Woohoo! I just finished setting up my Van Norman Model 12 to CNC. I
have zero backlash in both ballscrews, x and y axes, and reduced the old z
axis' acme screw down to 4 thousandths backlash , which I certainly can
live with.

> Now I am at a loss...although I use Autocad daily for my building
electrical designs, I have no clue how to do 3d parts designs...I suspect
it's not a huge transition but can anybody steer me in the direction of
some resources online to get through this quickly? I would rather avoid
coursework and/or textbooks, but as a last resort....thanks to all who
helped me with this retrofit, it wa much appreciated.

> P.S. I saw a big CNC mill at the scrapyard waiting to be cut up for
scrap on Saturday....can't remember the mfgr's name, but it sure was
tempting to bring that 2 ton beast home with me...

> R. William Kichman, P.E.

Discussion Thread

Bill Kichman 2003-09-28 18:23:14 UTC Tutorial for 3d CAD??? Marcus and Eva 2003-09-29 08:37:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tutorial for 3d CAD??? Graham Stabler 2003-09-29 15:15:15 UTC Re: Tutorial for 3d CAD??? Raymond Heckert 2003-09-29 18:35:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tutorial for 3d CAD???