CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: BP Retrofit - Major Fork In The Road?

Posted by natchamp_87
on 2003-09-29 18:50:56 UTC
Thanks CS, I had originally loked at John's board and using EMC.
John seems like a great guy to work with but working with EMC (even
with BDI) did not appear to be very user friendly. Has that
changed? The Aerotech board I have puts out analog outputs, it's
the interface software that is the issue. It seems like all the
reasonably cost software is based on step/dir. That's why I was
considering using one of them, for the good user interface, and the
Rutex boards to be able to run a brushless servo system.
Mark

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "C.S. Mo" <cs@v...> wrote:
> Why not use Jon Elson's board to provide analog voltage output?
Then you
> could use EMC...
>
> --C.S.
>
> >Another potential route is to use something like the Rutex boards
> >which take a step/dir signal and convert it into an analog
voltage
> >output which I could send to my drives. I'm not sure whether I
> >would send my encoder feedback to the Rutex or the Aerotech
drives
> >and wonder if overall the accuracy of the system would be
compromised
> >by this setup. The good news is I would be able to use the more
user
> >friendly software for the interface.

Discussion Thread

natchamp_87 2003-09-29 13:57:37 UTC BP Retrofit – Major Fork In The Road? C.S. Mo 2003-09-29 14:05:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] BP Retrofit - Major Fork In The Road? natchamp_87 2003-09-29 18:50:56 UTC Re: BP Retrofit - Major Fork In The Road? Jon Elson 2003-09-29 21:52:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: BP Retrofit - Major Fork In The Road? cdmurphy_2000 2003-09-29 22:46:23 UTC Re: BP Retrofit - Major Fork In The Road? stevenson_engineers 2003-09-30 01:27:14 UTC Re: BP Retrofit – Major Fork In The Road?