CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Bridgeport Conversion

Posted by fun2b432002
on 2003-10-05 01:48:02 UTC
Bill, Thanks for the info. I researched through the archives and
found some info on the knee vs. quill issue and they were very
informative. Guys like you make it easier for us newbees! Thanks

Frank

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, ccq@x wrote:
> On Fri Oct 3 11:14:34 2003 fun2b432002 wrote:
>
> >Hi Guys! I'm new to this CNC, just retired from the military so I
> >need help from you experts. I plan to buy a used Bridgeport 9x42
> >knee mill and want to convert it to 3 Axis CNC. I plan on driving
> >the knee as the Z Axis instead of the quill. I have located a
> >company that will sell me some quality ballscrews for the XY
> >(Rockford ballscrew) for around $800. I would like to build the
> >controller myself to save money since most of the ones I've seen
> >online run anywhere from $5000 to $14000. I have no idea what
size
> >or type motors to use on the XYZ. From what I've heard servo is
> >better than stepper? I have no idea what kind of controller card
> >use for this application? I will design my parts on either
Mastercam

***** 4-19!
> ----------------+----------+--------------------------+-------------
--------
> An _EFFECTIVE_ | Insured | All matter is vibration. | Let he who
hath no
> weapon in every | by COLT; | -- Max Planck | weapon sell
his
> hand = Freedom | DIAL | In the beginning was the | garment and
buy a
> on every side! | 1911-A1. | word. -- The Bible | sword.--
Jesus Christ
--------

> Constitutional Government is dead; LONG LIVE THE
CONSTITUTION!!!!!

--------

Discussion Thread

fun2b432002 2003-10-04 07:47:09 UTC Bridgeport Conversion ccq@x... 2003-10-04 11:27:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport Conversion fun2b432002 2003-10-05 01:48:02 UTC Re: Bridgeport Conversion Markwayne 2003-10-05 07:47:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport Conversion