CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

OT Thanks re Re: deskcnc servo kit

Posted by ballendo
on 2003-10-06 04:28:52 UTC
Fred,

Thank you for the answers!

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Smith" <imserv@v...>
wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo" <ballendo@y...>
> wrote:
>
> > What does the documentation say about needing the x and y axis
the
> > same resolution for circular interp to work?
> >
> > I asked this recently, and Fred S said it no longer was the case,
>
> It is not the case. The user manual does not specify that the same
> ratios be used and they are not required. We displayed a DeskCNC
> driven Sherline mill at Iron Fever in August that had different
ratio
> direct and belt servo drives on the X and Y axes. Several thousand
> people saw it running a pocketing program with many arcs. Perhaps
> one of them could verify my statement. The Machine Tool Camp
routers
> have used DeskCNC for a long time with different ratios in X and Y.
>
> > Also, does it say anything about non-integer step size?
>
> This is apparently a reference to Desknc for dos and has never
> applied to DeskCNC.
>
> > P.S. Do you know the status of the Deskwincnc DLL?
>
> The DeskCNC software license includes access to an open api dll
that
> can be used to develop user specific functionality with DeskCNC.
> This dll is a functional part of DeskCNC and hence is always up to
> date. It is installed when DeskCNC is installed. The api can
> support VC VB and Delphi. The next generation of the DeskCNC
> controller will include direct g-code parsing within the api. A
copy
> of the dll, instructions, and samples are on the deskam web site.
>
> Fred Smith - IMService
> We're here to servo you!
> http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/deskcnc/DeskCNC%20kitsa.htm

Discussion Thread

Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 11:17:53 UTC deskcnc servo kit khalique_rehman 2003-10-02 13:30:15 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 15:34:43 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Charles Hixon 2003-10-02 16:07:18 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 18:54:56 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit ballendo 2003-10-05 04:37:31 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Fred Smith 2003-10-05 13:17:10 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit stevenson_engineers 2003-10-05 14:24:24 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit ballendo 2003-10-06 04:28:52 UTC OT Thanks re Re: deskcnc servo kit