CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: deskcnc servo kit

on 2003-10-02 18:54:56 UTC
Assemble-it-myself. No big one, I been mounting boards in boxes and
building wire harnesses on teh job for 25 years.

First impressions:
I like DeskCNC so far. I've only been able to run it in simulation
mode. It runs just fine under Win2000 at work. At home under Win98
it only works if I disable my motherboard's onboard video and default
it to 'Standard VGA'. I'm sure this is in the motherboard and not
the DeskCNC program because I have four other applications on my home
computer that have the same problem and none of them havbe it on my
work machine.

The circuit boards look pretty well-made.

The motors mount up OK to my taig. Due to a lip in the Taig motor
mount spigots, to match a counterbore in the motors that SuperTech
put on there originally, I either need to counterbore the adapter
plates to match the spigots or else I just need screws 1/8 longer
than came with the kit--that's the only glitch so far. Even if I
just go with longer screws verything lines up well enough. I mounted
up one motor and it took 5 minutes. All the hole lineups are spot-on.

The motors come with connectors already on their pigtails. Probably
most folks would just cut them off and splice the wires, but for
those who want to know I'm compiling a list of mating connnectors.
They're AMP brand--good quality, but I won't list the p/n's til they
arrive [hopefully tomorrow] and I can verify I chose right when I
looked in the catalog.

The boards are all fitted with screw-clamp wire terminals, as is the
terminal block for the power supply kit. With the right crimpers for
the connector pins to mate to the pigtail connectors on the motors,
it could truly be a no-solder painless assembly.

[The right crimpers is over a hundred bucks each. I have both. I
think I'll go into a sideline making wire harnesses for this kit
<chuckle>.]

All looks good so far.

Lurch

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Hixon"
<cehixon@y...> wrote:
> An assemble-it-yourself kit or a ready-to-install kit? Try to post
> a photo or two of the completed system and interesting details if
> you get the chance. Thanks! Charles Hixon
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Sherwood"
> <lurch@m...> wrote:
> > got my desk cnc servo kit from imsrv today. haven't had tome to
> do
> > anythign with it; still at work as I write this, but it looks
> decent
> > so far.

Discussion Thread

Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 11:17:53 UTC deskcnc servo kit khalique_rehman 2003-10-02 13:30:15 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 15:34:43 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Charles Hixon 2003-10-02 16:07:18 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 18:54:56 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit ballendo 2003-10-05 04:37:31 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Fred Smith 2003-10-05 13:17:10 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit stevenson_engineers 2003-10-05 14:24:24 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit ballendo 2003-10-06 04:28:52 UTC OT Thanks re Re: deskcnc servo kit