CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: deskcnc servo kit

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2003-10-05 13:17:10 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ballendo" <ballendo@y...>
wrote:

> What does the documentation say about needing the x and y axis the
> same resolution for circular interp to work?
>
> I asked this recently, and Fred S said it no longer was the case,

It is not the case. The user manual does not specify that the same
ratios be used and they are not required. We displayed a DeskCNC
driven Sherline mill at Iron Fever in August that had different ratio
direct and belt servo drives on the X and Y axes. Several thousand
people saw it running a pocketing program with many arcs. Perhaps
one of them could verify my statement. The Machine Tool Camp routers
have used DeskCNC for a long time with different ratios in X and Y.

> Also, does it say anything about non-integer step size?

This is apparently a reference to Desknc for dos and has never
applied to DeskCNC.

> P.S. Do you know the status of the Deskwincnc DLL?

The DeskCNC software license includes access to an open api dll that
can be used to develop user specific functionality with DeskCNC.
This dll is a functional part of DeskCNC and hence is always up to
date. It is installed when DeskCNC is installed. The api can
support VC VB and Delphi. The next generation of the DeskCNC
controller will include direct g-code parsing within the api. A copy
of the dll, instructions, and samples are on the deskam web site.

Fred Smith - IMService
We're here to servo you!
http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/deskcnc/DeskCNC%20kitsa.htm

Discussion Thread

Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 11:17:53 UTC deskcnc servo kit khalique_rehman 2003-10-02 13:30:15 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 15:34:43 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Charles Hixon 2003-10-02 16:07:18 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Brian Sherwood 2003-10-02 18:54:56 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit ballendo 2003-10-05 04:37:31 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit Fred Smith 2003-10-05 13:17:10 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit stevenson_engineers 2003-10-05 14:24:24 UTC Re: deskcnc servo kit ballendo 2003-10-06 04:28:52 UTC OT Thanks re Re: deskcnc servo kit