CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: DynaMyte 2400 to RS232 CONNECTION?

Posted by bank haam
on 2003-10-15 15:53:22 UTC
Jeff,

A book come to mind and that is "Parallel Complete" by Jan (Jonathan, I think) . Barne & Noble carries them and I think you can also order it online.

Best Regard,

Ben

jeff_birt2000 <birt_j@...> wrote:
I would suggest using hardware handshaking (CTS\RTS), you can opt to
short these two pins together on the Dyna end of the connector to
have no handshaking. I've posted a Download Program I'm working on
for the Dyna Mill in the Files Section (DynaComm). You'll need to
install the .NET framework before it will work. .NET framework is
free download from MS. BTW, in the next couple weeks I'll have an
updated version to post that adds the ability to change Com settings
and save all user selectable settings.

If you have firmware version 4859 you will not be able to download
using HyperTerminal. It uses a strange handshaking format that is
not documented (not even Dyna knows how it works!).

One other thing that I've discoverd with firmware 15fc is that Line
Execute mode does not work correctly. It will not create an arc
correctly. 15fc does have a block execute mode that is not
documented as well.

Jeff Birt

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, bank haam
wrote:
> Try 2400-N-8-1 on Xp, should be the same for other OS.
>
> Ben
>
> nltnme_2 wrote:
> I am exploring connecting a Dyna 2400 to a computer.
>
> I have the manual, but it does not explain connecting to a computer
> very well.
>
> I have a pin out diagram. I would like to use hyper terminal to
> upload and down load instructions.
>
> Does anyone know the correct settings for hyper terminal on Win2000
> system?
>
> thanks in advance
>
> nltnme

timg@k...
> Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... [Moderators]
>
> OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach
it if you have trouble.

a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING
THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> bill
> List Mom
> List Owner
>

> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto: aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
bill
List Mom
List Owner