CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 4th axis rotary table project

on 2003-10-21 07:10:31 UTC
>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "skykotech" <rick@s...>
>wrote:
> Well, I went ahead and got the phase II 10 inch rotary table
> (horizontal and vertical) from enco for $249. Seemed like a decent
> deal. I will be adding either a stepper or servo to it and using
>it
> as a fourth axis on my bedmill. I am interested in hearing of
>others
> who have done this with a phase II or similar rotary table. For
> example, do you need to have an air solinoid or something on the
> table lock or is the 90:1 worm gear good enough to hold the table
>in
> position while drilling or cutting gear teeth?
>
> Thanks,

Rick,

Have a look at http://www.divisionmaster.com
I know this is a controller and you want to use it as a 4th axis but
in the examples section there are many good ideas.
The 90:1 ratio is more than enough to hold nto position.

John S.

Discussion Thread

skykotech 2003-10-20 20:42:40 UTC 4th axis rotary table project Larry Van Duyn 2003-10-21 05:22:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 4th axis rotary table project stevenson_engineers 2003-10-21 07:10:31 UTC Re: 4th axis rotary table project Wkuehsel@a... 2003-10-23 05:10:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] 4th axis rotary table project