CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories

Joe Vicars wrote:

> I was thinking a great resource for home builts would be a book of
>
> "case histories". I was inspired to do this after reading Joe
> Martins,
> "Tabletop Machining".
> Each person would take pictures and do a write up of their
> individual projects, then send them to a person who volunteers as the
> "editor" who would assemble, staple, bind and redistribute the
> compilation. Of course the compilation, binding and stapling would be
>
> done electronically. If you specified a standard format, say
> Microsoft
> Word, it wouldn't be too much trouble to put everyone's section
> together and distribute in Adobe format.

Why not make it HTML and instead of 'publishing', meaning distributing
by email,
as I think you are trying to say above, publish it on a web page, so
people can pick
it up whenever they discover a link to it. This is what I've been doing
with my
CNC conversion, and a few other projects. See
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/Machining.html to get some idea of
what
can be done very easily.

We already have web space provided in coordination with this mailing
list,
by Tim Goldstein.

Jon Elson 2000-04-03 12:37:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories Jon Elson 2000-04-03 12:44:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories Jon Elson 2000-04-03 21:27:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories Bertho Boman 2000-04-04 04:05:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories Chris Mackay 2000-04-04 22:52:11 UTC Re: case histories