CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories

Posted by james owens
on 2000-04-03 14:52:30 UTC
Just looking at a magazine called WEB PAGES MADE EASY.

This has a report on two cheap cameras :-

JAMC@m which dispite the name appears to be a good camera priced at the low end at £89.99

Kodak DC200Plus, this is the one I will be going after as it has a large screen on the back and comes with its own software. £89.99

This would be the same as dollars in the States as we pay pounds sterly at the same rate as you pay dollars.

Regards,

Terry.

Just bought my own fire-extinguisher for use with this list :-)

----- Original Message -----
From: Jon Elson
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2000 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories

Reid wrote:

> I like that idea. I don't have digital camera. I am looking for one
> but I
> don't want to spend a lot of money on it. We would like to spend about
> $200-
> $300. Does anyone have any suggest which digital camera should we get
> one.
> Please no flame.

I have the Mitubishi DX-10, I think. It is horrible as a camera, but
works quite well
as a way to get images into the computer for Web sites, eBay auctions,
etc. Really,
the only major problem is that the 'peephole' viewfinder, for some
reason, is very hard to get
repeatable positioning with, so many of the shots have the 'heads cut
off' sort of
problem. But, it was quite cheap, about $80 on eBay a year ago. I
think it is a
320 x 240 pixel imager. The other problem seems to be that it can't
handle
flickering lights - if fluorescent light is used, the pictures come out
with bad exposure
and color balance. If you also want the same camera to handle family
photos, etc.
then you will definitely need to get something better.