CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories

Posted by Bill Coghill
on 2000-04-03 18:17:48 UTC
I am interested in your DRO idea. I am an electronics hardware/software
guy, who lurks here as I have an interest in building a CNC rig for drilling
cases and PCBs. If you were to fit each axis with a rotary shaft encloder,
and use the home switches to reset the count to zero initially then you
could probably get a pretty accurate location. Modular is no prob, just add
another encoder. Fit the PIC with an LCD and there is all your information.
Or have three/four seperate LED displays for a bigger brighter / easier to
read display.

Hmm. Interesting project.. Let me think about it. Anyone else interested ?

Bill.

on 4/4/00 7:47 AM, james owens at wotisname@... wrote:

> snip
>
> I wish I had more of an idea of what to do with the electronics bits I keep
> ordering, if it wasn't for a few people on this list they would just go
> obselete before I learnt enough to use them.
>
> Wish list proper :-
>
> A PIC based DRO with output that can be put into a computer program, built on
> a modular princple so that one PIC monitors each axis and I can have as little
> as one axis or as many as I deem necessary. Probably stackable off a common
> power supply. This would enable me to DRO every axis of my Bridgeport type
> miller and give direct positional information to a CNC program with the three
> or four axis that I am moving at the time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Terry.

Discussion Thread

Reid 2000-04-03 09:37:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories james owens 2000-04-03 14:52:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories james owens 2000-04-03 14:52:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories Bill Coghill 2000-04-03 18:17:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] wish list, case histories