CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] chinese dro scales

Posted by R White
on 2003-11-11 06:57:54 UTC
I cut about 100mm off a 300mm scale no problems

Cheers

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Elson [mailto:elson@...]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 4:12 PM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] chinese dro scales

malehawkee wrote:

>I am fitting a set of chinese (dro) scales to my mill. Now I have
>not seen anyone cut the scales to lenth to suit the application. My
>question is: is the scale part of the curcuit for the dro, and if the
>lenth is altered will the scale be useless? Nick

Are these the digital caliper-type scales, with a simple steel spar with
some plastic trim on the front, nothing inside the spar? These have a
printed circuit board, usually with some pattern of rectangular windows
in a field of otherwise solid copper foil on the front. You should be
able to cut these down with no ill effects.

If these are glass scale DRO spars, you can still do this, but you have
to be
VERY careful to not shatter the glass scale inside. And, you also have to
get all the glass chips out before you reassemble it.

Jon

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... [Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner