CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC sites / lists / forums in Spanish?

on 2003-11-17 16:45:17 UTC
I was going to suggest something like that my self but had trouble
finding a way to express it without sounding harsh. You did a good job
John.

One thing that I've found is that learning to read or translate material
in a foriegn language is easier than actually learning to speak it.
While the these doit yourself translations may not be a 100% correct, it
does help out if you already have a technical back ground. I don't
have any education in German, but have managed to develop an
understanding of their documentation for some machines that came from
there. Sure it is not a substitute for really learing German but can help.

As to the individuals need to find Spanish language sites the most
obvious place I could see to start would be Universities in Spanish
speaking countries and spanish news groups. Sooner or later one is
bound to find somebody in a news group someplace that could forward him
to the correct web sites. That of course means wasting alot of
time. I'm think also that universities in Carrebean might have some info.

The other possibility is Brazil. Now I understand that this is a
Portugese speaking country, but they do have a huge industrial base
compared to the Spanish speaking world. The languages are similar
enough that the translations might be easier. Having spent a bit of
time in Brazil, the word down there is that it is easy for a Brazilian
to understand a spanish speaker but the reverse is not true. Not sure
why that is.

Thanks
dave

John Johnson wrote:

>This might be a good incentive for him to begin studying English.
>Despite it's complexity, English is the Esperanto of today.
>Not only will this open up a large world of CNC knowledge, but it
>will also make him more marketable in the workplace.
>
>Sharpening the saw, as Stephen Covey would say :-)
>
>Regards,
> JJ
>
>ps. I'm not an English bigot, I'm learning Spanish myself, also
>dabbled in several other languages.
>
>On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 07:00 PM, inetd_conf wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know of any CNC web sites, mailing lists, or online forums
>>that are in Spanish?
>>
>>I know a fellow who's quite keen to get into CNC woodworking tools,
>>but has had a tough time finding information because he only speaks
>>Spanish. I've passed him some web sites and a link to the Google
>>Language Tools, but from my experience translating French and German
>>sites, those language tools are approximate at best.
>>
>>If anyone's got any resources that might help, I'd be more than happy
>>to pass them on to him.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Tom

Discussion Thread

inetd_conf 2003-11-17 16:00:28 UTC CNC sites / lists / forums in Spanish? inetd_conf 2003-11-17 16:00:42 UTC CNC sites / lists / forums in Spanish? John Johnson 2003-11-17 16:26:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC sites / lists / forums in Spanish? David A. Frantz 2003-11-17 16:45:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC sites / lists / forums in Spanish? Tom Benedict 2003-11-17 18:40:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC sites / lists / forums in Spanish? Jerry Kimberlin 2003-11-17 20:22:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC sites / lists / forums in Spanish?