CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Question on remote VFD panel usage

Posted by vavaroutsos
on 2003-11-21 23:28:23 UTC
On the FM100 drives there is a header inside which is logic level
RS232/RS485. The drivers are added externally. The drive can be
programed with PC based software and can also be controlled throught
this interface. I have the documentation for the control protocol.
I'm not sure about the MA7200 as I have not used one. Westinghouse is
pretty helpfull. I'm sure you can get the information you need from
them if you call them.

~petev

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "washcomp" <jeff@w...> wrote:
> Dealer's web site lists this price. I was figuring on configuring
> it from the front panel (it has two lines of text vs. the few
> characters of the other model. The removable front panel is
> interfaced RS-232, but I haven't found any documentation about how
> to program through this port.
>
> Regards,
> Jeff
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "vavaroutsos" <pete@v...>
> wrote:
> > The MA7200 hundred looks like a good drive for only $20 more in
> 2HP
> > (where are you getting it for this price?). However, the spec
> sheet
> > only mentions RS-485 so you may need an RS-485 port on your PC to
> > configure/control it.
> >
> > ~petev
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "washcomp" <jeff@w...>
> wrote:
> > > Actually I was looking at the Teco MA7200 which (for a 2 HP
VFD)
> > > only costs about $20 more than the FM100. If there is a
> > > disadvantage to the MA7200 drive, please let me know.
> > >
> > > As for Harold & Dealers, they are great people, know them for
> > > years. (They are located at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, we're
> located
> > > at the Brooklyn Army Terminal)
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Jeff
> > >
> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "vavaroutsos"
> <pete@v...>
> > priced
> it
> > > from
> need
> get
> > > the

> from
> external
> speeds.

<jeff@w...>

> and

> and a
> > > panel
> > switches?
> > > Is
> in
> > > would
> > > attractive

Discussion Thread

washcomp 2003-11-14 13:42:09 UTC Question on remote VFD panel usage Kim Lux 2003-11-14 14:35:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question on remote VFD panel usage vavaroutsos 2003-11-16 12:47:29 UTC Re: Question on remote VFD panel usage washcomp 2003-11-16 22:03:40 UTC Re: Question on remote VFD panel usage Bill P @ ... 2003-11-17 14:33:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question on remote VFD panel usage vavaroutsos 2003-11-21 16:38:47 UTC Re: Question on remote VFD panel usage washcomp 2003-11-21 17:20:58 UTC Re: Question on remote VFD panel usage vavaroutsos 2003-11-21 23:28:23 UTC Re: Question on remote VFD panel usage