CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Sherline Flexible Leadscrew Coupling

Posted by Raymond Gage
on 2003-11-22 10:35:16 UTC
Peter,
Same thing happened to me. An unfortunate fact of life with using a
Sherline or any other lightweight machine for CNC is that if you want to
make things sing, stuff is going to vibrate loose and/or break. The
fact that Sherline doesn't use locking fasteners or even locktight,
means that parts are going to come loose if you run any kind of speed
through your CNC. Moral to the story, when you convert a machine to
CNC, make sure that all fasteners that can be are locking. Now I will
get off my soap box.
The answer to your question is that you can buy the couplings from
Sherline for about US$10.00 apiece. Can't remember the P/N, but you can
find it by looking at the exploaded drawing of the CNC version of your
machine either in your own documentation, or at the www.sherline.com web
site. If you call their sales, they will know what you are talking about.

Regards,
Raymond