CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Did It

Posted by seb fontana
on 2003-12-14 21:55:27 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> > HUH? No encoder
> on the Y or Z? Is this a CNC machine or just a DRO and power feed?
>
> Travel wheels? Do you mean Trav-a-Dials, or encoders that work by
> rollers against the table, etc.?
>
> Jon

Jon..it is cnc..I looked closer as I was cleaning it today and in
the manual..machine has encoders in X and Y motors and another set of
sensors [trak term] that rub against x and y axis..Z axis encoder is
driven off the ballscrew as the drive motor can be disengaged for
manual quill feed...All have corigated cables to pendat or power
control cabinate..motors are DC brush servo rated at 280 in-oz max
continuous torque and it is programed in conversational..Has casset
tape, RS232, remote stop/go ports. I have programed some simple
circles, hole paterns and works as it should..when I push the right
buttons !! I don't know how much memory it is capable of but hoping
somehow to get to use PC for storage [disc?] and programing.
As for putting Z motor to drive knee I think motor would be strong
enough with some help from a counter weight and finding suitable
encoder to put in motor. Knee ways are very good as is all other
ways. This would let me put the power quill feed back in head [Was
removed for Z cnc drive] for boring. May not have to if Z can be
programed to feed in thousands per rev [need spindle tach?] and come
to positive stop..Haven't found in manual just what can be expected
of Z, gonna ask one of the guys at work tomorrow...Nite, Seb.

Discussion Thread

seb fontana 2003-12-11 20:44:38 UTC Did It seb fontana 2003-12-13 19:18:23 UTC Re: Did It Jon Elson 2003-12-14 11:06:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Did It seb fontana 2003-12-14 21:55:27 UTC Re: Did It Jon Elson 2003-12-15 10:19:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Did It