CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Commercial vs. hobby controls was Re: Bridgeport CNC ...

Posted by john@s...
on 2003-12-17 20:38:14 UTC
>--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, wanliker@a... wrote:
> In a message dated 12/17/2003 4:08:50 PM Mountain Standard Time,
> john@s... writes:
> Bill, this is the start of a very good and relevant thread.
> Where do you draw the line at commercial?
> Then tie it into the group, not commercial usage only, when
>someone says
> they can post ano of there men in front of a machine, is that hobby.
> I just don't want a long thread relavelent to only commercial
use............
> bill

Sorry Bill but you haven't answered my question - Define Commercial.
In the current HSM there is an article runing by Roland Friedstat on
converting a dead bridgy to CNC,
Something that a few are doing on this list.
Roland will be using the Turner Technologies controller as he's their
US agent.
This makes it commercial in one sense as it's a bought controller but
in another is HSM a commercial publication?

From what I can see this post was about the meritts of current
controllers like Flashcut, Mach 2 etc which are being compared to
commercial controllers of a few years ago.
Something because of developments and technologies that they are
close to doing and in some ways have surpassed them.

So to keep it strictly low key hobby based we will say we have got a
guy who takes a dead bridgy and fits it up with EMC and asks
questions and does the conversion.
He then does a second machine exaclty the same but puts someone in
front of it.
Does this ban EMC from being discussed.

Sorry but I feel you have jumped on a valid thread far too soon.
Ask Tim what he's got invested in his workshop setup in terms of
machines and software, he's often quoted it as a defense against
buying decent stuff, is Tim's setup commercial??

As someone pointed out in an email to me it's a damn sight more valid
a post than asking about monitors <g>.

John S.

Discussion Thread

wanliker@a... 2003-12-17 08:51:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Commercial vs. hobby controls was Re: Bridgeport CNC ... john@s... 2003-12-17 15:02:37 UTC Commercial vs. hobby controls was Re: Bridgeport CNC ... wanliker@a... 2003-12-17 16:14:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Commercial vs. hobby controls was Re: Bridgeport CNC ... john@s... 2003-12-17 20:38:14 UTC Commercial vs. hobby controls was Re: Bridgeport CNC ... turbulatordude 2003-12-18 07:45:19 UTC Commercial vs. hobby Kim Lux 2003-12-18 07:55:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Commercial vs. hobby Patrick J 2003-12-18 10:27:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Commercial vs. hobby