CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Configuring EMC with Freqmod

Posted by wwashington2k
on 2003-12-21 19:11:35 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> You have the direction and step pulses switched, I think. Either
that, or
> you are using a CCW/CW driver, and the default freqmod puts out
> step and direction signals. What driver are you using?
Thanks for your reply.

I'm using an oscilloscope to look at the signals coming directly
from the PC, so I'm fairly confident I'm don't have anything
swapped. I used another script to verify the pins were electrically
OK.

I'm using the freqmod driver. I don't have the STEPPING_TYPE set, so
the driver is suppose the default to the step/dir format. Also, the
IO_Show utility confirms what I'm measuring with the scope. If I had
to guess, I believe I have something incurrately specified in my
emc.ini file. Maybe the program thinks the axis is at some limit?
When I installed the EMC, I had to change several polarities. I
don't get any messages, the motor/signals simply refuse to move in
the + direction.

ww2k

Discussion Thread

wwashington2k 2003-12-20 19:40:09 UTC Configuring EMC with Freqmod Ray Henry 2003-12-21 07:58:13 UTC Re: Configuring EMC with Freqmod Jon Elson 2003-12-21 15:29:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Configuring EMC with Freqmod wwashington2k 2003-12-21 19:11:35 UTC Re: Configuring EMC with Freqmod Ray Henry 2003-12-22 06:42:48 UTC Re: Re: Configuring EMC with Freqmod