CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Encoders

Posted by Torsten
on 2003-12-24 18:21:38 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Gregory Kamysz
<smsupply@a...> wrote:
> I got my Geckos. Got everything wired up but nothing works. The
> Aerotech motors have encoders but I don't think they are TTL type.
> can't get them to work with the Gecko drive. Based on part numbers
and
> some old data I found on Aerotech's site I think they are
sine/cosine
> type output. So, it looks like I'll be buying a set of US Digital
> encoders. The E3 series looks like what I need. I don't think
there is
> any reason to go with a 4000 count setup as Tcnc indicated a pretty
low
> speed. I'm not so concerned about speed as my table travel will be
less
> than 12x12". The ball screw is 4mm pitch.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Greg

If you are driving the screw direct I would not go
any less then 500 cpr = 2000 pulses per revolution
i guess up to 1000 cpr would probably work but may
get close to the limits of the software.
Keep in mind that as you aproch the software limitations
the pulse train spacing will get more erratic and
depending on the tolerance of your drivers and motors to
this you may not be able to get as fast as the software
claims you could theoretically go.
If you are using pulleys or any other form of further reduction
reduce my recommedations by this ratio also.
Good Luck

Discussion Thread

Kenneth Cardolino 2003-12-23 10:29:04 UTC Gecko / motor compatability Jon Elson 2003-12-23 11:14:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko / motor compatability Kenneth Cardolino 2003-12-23 11:49:06 UTC Re: Gecko / motor compatability Mariss Freimanis 2003-12-23 12:20:20 UTC Re: Gecko / motor compatability Gregory Kamysz 2003-12-24 15:30:21 UTC Encoders onecooltoolfool 2003-12-24 17:35:03 UTC Re: Encoders Torsten 2003-12-24 18:21:38 UTC Re: Encoders