CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 320 pulsing update

callcbm2000 wrote:

>Thanks for the help. I was able to change the pins with the software.
>Using the setup demo pulsing on the board would not work and the only
>way I can make it work is increasing the pulse rate to 8100Hz with
>the software. But now using the software which is master5 .the pulse
>per inch it will only move .062 when it supposed to move .100 is this
>normal to have a high pulse to move The motors are servo dc. when I
>tell it to move on the calibration seting They move with no major
>problem. Also when the motors are waiting for a command what will
>stop that sqealing sound it doesnt do all the time. Thanks Randy

If your motors squeal or whine when standing still, you need to make
sure the
anti-dither circuit is enabled. (It is normally enabled from the factory.)
Then, you may need to increase the damping or reduce the gain pot a little.
There may be some spots in the rotation where the dither coming from the
encoder will always cause some whining.

As for the calibration, it sounds like the steps/inch value entered into the
software needs to be changed.

callcbm2000 2004-01-02 15:06:06 UTC Gecko 320 pulsing update Jon Elson 2004-01-02 15:10:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 320 pulsing update callcbm2000 2004-01-02 16:01:55 UTC Gecko 320 pulsing update Jon Elson 2004-01-02 21:28:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gecko 320 pulsing update