CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport BOSS4 wiring question

cncgramps wrote:

>Thanks I wasnt really sure on that.
> What is the prefered method to get the 3 phase conversion?
>I am still trying to choose between a rotary and a VHD.
>I do plan on converting the mill to servo's and build a new power
>supply so I will be able to do setups on the table without having to
>run a rotary phase converter till its needed for the spindle.

Many dinosaurs still extoll the virtues of the rotary phase converter,
but having now set up two machines with VFDs, I'm even more firmly
in the other camp. They just can't be beat for size, weight, noise level,
efficiency, and of course, the benefits of variable speed and braking.
I love the quick stop I get on both the mill and especially the lathe,
where it is far quicker than letting the machine coast to a stop.

(I mean no offense to above mentioned dinosaurs, and I understand that
some people are running a shop on an EXTREMELY thin budget, and
the price of even a used VFD is too much.)

cncgramps 2004-01-02 20:24:38 UTC Bridgeport BOSS4 wiring question Jon Elson 2004-01-02 21:33:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport BOSS4 wiring question cncgramps 2004-01-03 05:17:36 UTC Re: Bridgeport BOSS4 wiring question Jon Elson 2004-01-03 10:56:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Bridgeport BOSS4 wiring question