CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux

Posted by Kim Lux
on 2004-01-05 16:11:14 UTC
It isn't a [step generation] frequency problem !

If I generate steps faster than the motor will move under a heavy load,
it can't keep up. There is nothing wrong with the
motor/controller/software. The issue is that if a motor has significant
armature resistance then there is an IR drop across the armature that
will limit the high speed capability of the motor, when it under a
significant load. This is true for any DC (brush) motor.

--
Kim Lux <lux@...>

Discussion Thread

ja_erickson 2003-12-22 15:59:38 UTC Question for Kim Lux Kim Lux 2003-12-23 08:14:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Question for Kim Lux industrialhobbies 2003-12-23 18:36:54 UTC Re: Question for Kim Lux Kim Lux 2004-01-05 08:46:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux Robin Szemeti 2004-01-05 11:19:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux Kim Lux 2004-01-05 12:59:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux Bob McKnight 2004-01-05 15:21:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux Kim Lux 2004-01-05 16:11:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux Robin Szemeti 2004-01-05 17:27:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux Gregory Kamysz 2004-01-05 21:12:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux Kim Lux 2004-01-06 08:31:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Question for Kim Lux