CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Microkinetics ??? or Gecko??

on 2004-01-13 12:35:02 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "jeremy_satterfield"
<jeremy_satterfield@y...> wrote:
> I am new to the stepper motors. Is it just me or is microkinetics
> products overpriced? Or is there quality worth there price? I
notice
> alot of people using gecko drivers are they a better driver than
> microkinetics? Thanks

I have several Gecko's and find that they are extremely well designed
with some modest engineering reserve.

Also, Mariss, the owner of Gecko's is a class act, or should I say,
CLASS ACT.

He stands behind his product well beyond what other manufactures do
and offers service beyond what you pay for.

There are more than a few who owe more than a passing 'thank you' to
Mariss for his devotion to get the thing working, even when it is
clearly not the fault of the devices.

He runs Gecko with some business principals that most thought went
out the window years ago with all the corporate downsizing.

Considering that you are paying less for drives than you are for
quality linear rails and bearings and you are getting a really good
deal on the devices.

If you are not in a rush, consider looking for his new bullet proof
VAMPIRE stepper motor drives due out shortly.

In my opinion, Mariss has been one of the people who made home CNC a
realization for most of us.

And, as far as I know, he is one of the two drive suppliers (and the
only real drive manufacture) who is active on this list.

So, if you need Gecko support, you will find it here. Search the
archives for Microkinetics.

Dave
No financial ties to Gecko, only a very satisfied user.

Discussion Thread

jeremy_satterfield 2004-01-13 10:31:39 UTC Microkinetics ??? or Gecko?? Robert Campbell 2004-01-13 11:23:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Microkinetics ??? or Gecko?? turbulatordude 2004-01-13 12:35:02 UTC Re: Microkinetics ??? or Gecko?? Gregory Kamysz 2004-01-13 18:50:40 UTC Gecko characteristics? Mariss Freimanis 2004-01-13 19:00:04 UTC Re: Gecko characteristics? Aberegg Tim 2004-01-15 00:32:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Microkinetics ??? or Gecko??