CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Reliance DC Servo motors on E-bay

Posted by cncgramps
on 2004-01-15 22:13:46 UTC
I also just received my motors. The same ones you bought John.
They were packed with care and in perfect shape. I tested them also
and they seemed very strong.
I had an excellent transaction with the seller. Was more than
helpful with all my questions.
Perhaps the person who had problems just did not have something
setup correctly.

Gary

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "John Delaney"
<jdelaney2@s...> wrote:
> Well, I'm not sure what you are hearing or exactly what drives
they
> are. But if they are the ones from a guy named Chris L I can tell
you
> that Chris has been great. I bought 3 of the motors. They arrived
> fine are in excellent condition. No signs of having ever been
mounted
> on anything. I think they are new. The brushes are new and the
> armature still has lots of shinny copper. Two of my motors have
fresh
> leads on them, as in never been hooked up to anything.
>
> Just to help put this to bed I hooked them up to a 12VDC 800ma
wall
> pack. They turn and I can't stop the shaft grabbing it as hard as
> can with my hand. Run that up to 40V or more and I think we can
> generate some torque.
>
> I just answered an e-mail from another guy who decided to buy some
> yesterday. He said Chris was great to deal with too.
>
> The concern was the claim that they would run with Geckos. We've
> hashed that one out here a couple of times. The concensus opinion
is
> that yes, they should be fine. They are labeled 1/3 HP.
>
> But I just checked e-Bay and I don't see them out there at
present.
> So maybe he sold them all??? Not sure.
>
> Everything on E-Bay has some risk but I think this one is probably
> worth a shot. Chris has a return policy I think.
>
> Best Regards,
> John

Discussion Thread

tanktemchs99 2004-01-07 20:06:53 UTC Reliance DC Servo motors on E-bay David A. Frantz 2004-01-08 09:52:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reliance DC Servo motors on E-bay John Delaney 2004-01-08 19:48:11 UTC Re: Reliance DC Servo motors on E-bay andrebarclay 2004-01-09 12:45:25 UTC Re: Reliance DC Servo motors on E-bay cncgramps 2004-01-15 22:13:46 UTC Re: Reliance DC Servo motors on E-bay