CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller?

Juha Keisala wrote:

>I have Cincinnati Milacron milling machine which I've planned to
>control by step & dir principle throughout e.g. Rutex R997 signal
>converter (step & dir to +-10 V)
>
>Original servo controllers in the machine are mady by Gettys, type 11-
>1010-97.
>unfortunately I don't have any diagrams for the machine.
>
>Could somebody help me with the connections, e.g. where to connect +-
>10 V from the Rutex?
>
>In the Gettys, there are three terminal blocks in a row. Totally 17
>terminals. They are marked as following describes:
>
>TB 1
>from 1 to 4 general mark AC LINE
>Coil symbol between 1 and 3 also between 2 and 4
>1 and 2 connected together with wire screwed to terminals, same
>applies to 3 and 4

Sounds like a dual voltage transformer. I'm guessing you connect the line
to 1 and 4. For 240 V you connect a jumper between 2 & 3. For 120 V
power, you connect jumpers between 1 & 2, and between 3 & 4.

>TB 2
>5. +24 VDC
>6. PWR GND
>from 7 to 10 marked as SPARE
>11. TACH FDB
>12. TACH RESET RELAY
>13. -EN

5. Is this a 24 V output, or does it need an external 24 V supply?
11. tach fdb is for the tachometer feedback connection. Possibly, the
other end of the tach
is connected to pwr gnd.
13. -en sounds like a NOT ENABLE. Maybe you ground it to enable the amp?

>TB 3
>14. D.B. RELAY
>15. SIG.
>16. SIG. GND
>17. +EN

14. DB relay sounds like dynamic braking. It may require you to connect a
relay that (i'm totally guessing here) when DE-energized (to be fail safe)
connects a resistor across the motor armature.
15 and 16 are the 10 V velocity command from the Rutex converter.
Where do you hook the motor? I don't see anything that looks like
motor terminals here.

Juha Keisala 2004-01-28 00:23:26 UTC How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? Jon Elson 2004-01-28 10:38:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? Juha Keisala 2004-01-29 01:21:09 UTC Re: How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? Jon Elson 2004-01-29 08:47:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? metlmunchr 2004-01-29 13:24:53 UTC Re: How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller?