CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller?

Posted by Juha Keisala
on 2004-01-29 01:21:09 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:

> Juha Keisala wrote:
>
> >I have Cincinnati Milacron milling machine which I've planned to
> >control by step & dir principle throughout e.g. Rutex R997 signal
> >converter (step & dir to +-10 V)
> >
> >Original servo controllers in the machine are mady by Gettys, type
11-
> >1010-97.
> >unfortunately I don't have any diagrams for the machine.
> >
> >Could somebody help me with the connections, e.g. where to connect
+-
> >10 V from the Rutex?
> >
> >In the Gettys, there are three terminal blocks in a row. Totally
17
> >terminals. They are marked as following describes:
> >
> >TB 1
> >from 1 to 4 general mark AC LINE
> >Coil symbol between 1 and 3 also between 2 and 4
> >1 and 2 connected together with wire screwed to terminals, same
> >applies to 3 and 4
> >

> Sounds like a dual voltage transformer. I'm guessing you connect
the line
> to 1 and 4. For 240 V you connect a jumper between 2 & 3. For 120
> power, you connect jumpers between 1 & 2, and between 3 & 4.
>
> >TB 2
> >5. +24 VDC
> >6. PWR GND
> >from 7 to 10 marked as SPARE
> >11. TACH FDB
> >12. TACH RESET RELAY
> >13. -EN
> >

> 5. Is this a 24 V output, or does it need an external 24 V supply?
> 11. tach fdb is for the tachometer feedback connection. Possibly,
the
> other end of the tach
> is connected to pwr gnd.
> 13. -en sounds like a NOT ENABLE. Maybe you ground it to enable
the amp?

> >TB 3
> >14. D.B. RELAY
> >15. SIG.
> >16. SIG. GND
> >17. +EN
> >

> 14. DB relay sounds like dynamic braking. It may require you to
connect a
> relay that (i'm totally guessing here) when DE-energized (to be
fail safe)
> connects a resistor across the motor armature.
> 15 and 16 are the 10 V velocity command from the Rutex converter.
> Where do you hook the motor? I don't see anything that looks like
> motor terminals here.
>
> Jon

Thanks Jon,

A power source is connected direcly to thyristors??? likewise the
output to motors with a wire thick as a little finger.

On the drive it is written SCR SERVO CONTROLLER, does this mean a
thyristor controller?

Could you exlain the terminal 14 connection again, I did not get it.
First of all, what is an armature in this case, where exacly the
armature should be connected to and when? Do you mean the winding in
the rotor that should be shorted with a resistor, but when? Do you
mean when turning of the auxiliary of the controller or??

How about therminal 11. Should I leave the tachometer into the motor
and leave it connected inspite of the encoder I have to add for the
Rutex?

Terminals 5, 13 and 17 are conneted to each others with external wire.
I'll try to find out is no. 5 in or out

Juha

Discussion Thread

Juha Keisala 2004-01-28 00:23:26 UTC How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? Jon Elson 2004-01-28 10:38:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? Juha Keisala 2004-01-29 01:21:09 UTC Re: How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? Jon Elson 2004-01-29 08:47:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller? metlmunchr 2004-01-29 13:24:53 UTC Re: How to connect Rutex drive to Gettys DC servo controller?