CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws

Posted by ccq@x...
on 2004-01-29 04:16:17 UTC
Greg;

Most any table can be modified to some extent or other, depending upon your
engenuity, of course, and these are no exception. One point I've noted about
them, is that the re-zero-able dials aren't, as long as you leave the bar they
call a spring in place. With what they use, you can't re-sero them with a ten
foot cheater pipe. Remove the bar, and replace it with something, like a small
piece of that springy banding they use for strapping down cargo to pallets, and
they work great. Thats on the $119 model, the slightly smaller cheaper one
might require different tweaking and tuning. On the bigger one, bearings would
probably be a good idea, too. They're a bit rough, but you can't make one for
the price, even though I intend to do that one day.

Bill

Greg Maxwell 2004-01-28 13:19:50 UTC Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws Simon M. Arthur 2004-01-28 15:09:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws ccq@x... 2004-01-28 18:26:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws eewizard_1 2004-01-28 21:13:24 UTC Re: Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws Greg Maxwell 2004-01-28 21:14:36 UTC Re: Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws ccq@x... 2004-01-29 04:16:17 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws jcc3inc 2004-01-29 06:46:25 UTC Re: Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws turbulatordude 2004-01-29 20:29:55 UTC Re: Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws metlmunchr 2004-01-30 07:36:54 UTC Re: Inexpensive ACME (lead) screws