CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 18 ft router

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-02-09 18:42:11 UTC
Doug,

I'd sure try to keep the table... After all, a metalworking planer is
already designed to travel the table in a flat plane. Why on earth
would you want to loose this inherent and immediately available
accuracy? (You can fasten a sacrificail table to the top.)

You're saving bunches on structure, so you can put it into the likely
larger motor/drive/screw/nut you'll need...

BTW, there are probably more than a few of these metal planers around
still. And I hadn't thought of it before; but they'd make for a GREAT
bridge style router/mill! Thanks.

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas Pollard"
<dougpol1@o...> wrote:
> No the planer table is @24 ft x 30 inches wide. The base of the
machine is
> 36 ft long the ways extend 8ft on each end with a support under
each end. I
> have never seen it run as it's been setting outside for about 10
years. I
> assume that the table overtravels the ways by probably another 8 ft
on each
> end.
> The shop is located down the road in a marina about a half mile
and they
> will pick it up and bring it to me with their travel lift which can
pick up
> 35 tons.
> With the table off I doubt that it weighs more than 25000 lbs.
They will
> keep the table as a welding table.
> The name cast in the side is Walter Machine Works Dated 1897 or
1895 I
> can't be sure
> The big problem is the ground is so wet after a solid year of
rain that
> they may not be able to bring it across my yard till July??
> Doug

Roughly,

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

Douglas Pollard 2004-02-08 07:00:02 UTC 18 ft router kmslinda 2004-02-08 08:03:39 UTC Re: 18 ft router metlmunchr 2004-02-08 17:24:32 UTC Re: 18 ft router Douglas Pollard 2004-02-08 19:42:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 18 ft router ballendo 2004-02-09 18:42:11 UTC Re: 18 ft router Paul Amaranth 2004-02-10 05:22:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 18 ft router Douglas Pollard 2004-02-10 05:35:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: 18 ft router