CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rutex Z axis problem solved

tig415 wrote:

>Hi everyone
>First of all thanks for all the responses on this problem.
>I tore into the Z axis enclosure so I could check glass scale
>connection. When I opened it up and started to examine things I
>noticed that one of the seals on the scale was torn. I decided to
>clean it with an alcohol swab. Well to make a short story long it
>seems to have fixed the problem. It's been working perfectly for a
>while now.

Yup, it must have been causing the read head inside the scale to bind up
in certain positions. Once the force required to move it goes past some
limit, whatever link they use to move the head will deflect. It certainly
can explain the problem you were seeing.

tig415 2004-02-28 05:22:14 UTC Rutex Z axis problem solved Jon Elson 2004-02-28 22:27:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Rutex Z axis problem solved