CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digital Power Capacitor -

plastiguy wrote:

>Group -
>Does anyone know if the car audio style digital power capacitors (the
>digital refers to some sort of digital readout indicating power
>consumption) are suitable for use in a power supply application?
>This'll be to feed Gekoes to DC servos. The voltages and farad
>ratings I've seen for some relatively inexpensive ones on e-bay seem
>to fit well. Am I missing something?

Yes, the voltage. These caps are for 14 V automobile electrical
systems. A Gecko will not even run on 14 V. You could put several
of them in series, but you would need to put voltage balancing resistors
across all the caps to keep one from getting more than its share of
the voltage.

plastiguy 2004-03-01 09:24:28 UTC Digital Power Capacitor - Les Newell 2004-03-01 10:05:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digital Power Capacitor - Armistead, Matthew D - Norman, OK 2004-03-01 12:00:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digital Power Capacitor - Jon Elson 2004-03-01 22:08:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digital Power Capacitor -