CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: How I tune Rutex servo drive KP, KI, KD

Posted by Peter Renolds
on 2004-03-03 08:57:13 UTC
Hi Guys,

Don't forget the excellent tuning utility that you can download off
Rutex's website. All you need is a simple to make cable running from
your parallel port to the drive and it will give the drive/motor/load a
step response and then plot the step response on the PC's screen. You
will see the results of the changes in your PID settings each time you
plot the step response. It also give you the numerical values for P,I &
D so you can record them in your notebook in case you have to change out
a drive - all you do is set-up the new drive with the recorded values
and you're off to the races! It is worth the time to make the cable,
believe me.

Cheers, Peter