CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap

brunoian1127 wrote:

>http://www.machineryvalues.com/xdetails.cfm/QN/131648
>Machinery values has a bunch of twin spindle machines for sale with
>controls that work for cheap.
>This one is $1500.00. I can see this is excellent for the price.

Watch out for these guys. They are not significantly worse than any
other tool broker, but they may overstate the quality and condition of
the machines. I bought a Sheldon 15" lathe from them, listed as being in
excellent condition. When I got it, I discovered there was .016" of wear
on the front bed way. I would not call that "excellent"! It took me
22 months to overhaul the machine, using hand techniques. (Not the
fastest way, or best use of my time, I know.)

I also was short a chuck, coolant pump and steady rest, as these were listed
in the ad. it took over a month to get these items shipped out, and at
least 10
phone calls. They did pack the missing items well. A 10" chuck was
advertised
with the machine, I got a totally scrapped-out Buck adjustable 8" chuck.
I guess it makes a decent anvil, but it won't hold work straight no matter
what I do. Obviously the jaw slots are sprung. Also, the machine was
advertised as having speeds up to 2500 RPM, which some units of this
model have, but this one does not, and clearly states so on several plates.
I thought the machine in the picture was NOT the 2500 RPM model, so
I even CALLED and asked them to check it. They verified over the phone
that the machine I was bidding on was the 2500 RPM model.

With all these things wrong, all they offered to do was give me my money
back if I returned the machine. Well, great, pay $2600 for the machine,
plus $1200 to ship both ways, and I get only $2600 back. How nice!

So, I would be VERY cautious about any purchase from them. I would
never buy anything from them again without personal inspection under
power.

brunoian1127 2004-03-13 08:42:33 UTC Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap Jon Elson 2004-03-13 13:43:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap stevenson_engineers 2004-03-13 14:26:57 UTC Re: Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap brunoian1127 2004-03-13 18:37:35 UTC Re: Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap stevenson_engineers 2004-03-14 12:04:34 UTC Re: Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap