CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap

Posted by brunoian1127
on 2004-03-13 18:37:35 UTC
All the points are well taken.
In the real world someone who lives near this dealer could buy the
machine after inspection. Then strip it in place, sell the iron to a
scrap dealer and go home with pot of gold. I think the motors alone
are worth more than the 1500.00 asking price. Cabinets wiring,
plugs, motors, the control itself, ball screws, spindles have to be
worth that much for sure.

For the right person the arloc that they have listed for around
6500.00 is a steal. Its a 4th axis machine that RUNS. The 4th axis
board is missing but I feel one could be found. This machine is in
a1 condition from the looks.

My experience with machinery value was totally different from yours
Jon. I am sorry to hear about the Sheldon lathe.
I deal with Mark Piedmont at MV. I can ask him about machines they
have listed. He will give me a yes or no on the machine condition
before I buy in his own way.
I bought a KITAMURA MY CENTER 1 from them 3 years ago. When it got
here it was excellent. I just bought another one from them
yesterday. It is about 3 years newer than my 1st machine.
It looks like a great machine. I also ask for a accuracy check
before I buy. I want the ball screws and spindle checked and the
head for perpendicular alignment. All functions have to be in order.
Its all listed on the po. To make sure I am safe I also buy with a
credit card. I can always back charge if the machine is not what
they say it is.
I always call the service man that I take care of who maintained the
machine. I have found him to be very trustworthy with answers about
how the folks who owned the machine took care of it. He also has a
list of control features and specs that I am interested in about the
machine.
I always replace all the metered oilers when I get a machine to
assure that plenty of oil in making its way to the right places.

just my .02 cents worth

-- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "stevenson_engineers"
<john@s...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "brunoian1127" <dr@d...>
> wrote:
> > http://www.machineryvalues.com/xdetails.cfm/QN/131648
> > Machinery values has a bunch of twin spindle machines for sale
with
> > controls that work for cheap.
> > This one is $1500.00. I can see this is excellent for the price.
> > One fanuc motor off from this rig is worth that. Ball scews are
> > worth that also. I think when they sell them they are losded on
>
> Read the advert carefully, it does say it doesn't work. They state
> power supply but by stating it doesn't work than anything can be
> wrong with it.
> It's a big machine so shipping will be mega$$$
> Twin spindle? That sounds a real plus <g>
>
> To be honest for what it is , 1983, not running it's a boat anchor.
> They are machinery dealers, if it had any value they would be
> charging for it. Any dealer who 'appears' to make such a cheap
offer
> is just tryng to unload at a markup above scrap price.
> Run, Don't walk away.
>
> John S.

Discussion Thread

brunoian1127 2004-03-13 08:42:33 UTC Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap Jon Elson 2004-03-13 13:43:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap stevenson_engineers 2004-03-13 14:26:57 UTC Re: Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap brunoian1127 2004-03-13 18:37:35 UTC Re: Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap stevenson_engineers 2004-03-14 12:04:34 UTC Re: Fanuc 6mb control with machine for cheap