CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Larken Cobra Stepper Drives

Posted by metlmunchr
on 2004-03-15 07:21:28 UTC
Thanks David. That's exactly the info I was looking for. I agree
the Geckos are fine products, with great support, but I felt it
wasn't necessary for me to buy a trio of them and overload them just
to prove I could kill 'em, when I already know the motor amperage
exceeds their rated capacity.

Thanks again,
Cliff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "ibewgypsie"
<ibewgypsie@h...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Ron K <godsone@e...>
wrote:
> > snip
> >

> > >Mine have been operating my bridgeport for nearly a year. No
> problems.
> > >I replaced gecko drives.
> > >

> > Why did you replace the Geckos ??
>
> THEY DIED. Mounted on the 24"x36" door heat sink. The heavy slide
> and the rapid decelleration of the 200lb plus slide built voltage,
> the Mosfets had a avalanche problem/slow turnoff. The geckos
depend
> on the Anodized layer for insulation also. All were non-
repairable.