CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Automatic Bar Feeder?

Posted by metlmunchr
on 2004-03-19 08:16:58 UTC
There's a guy selling plans for a pneumatic barfeed on ebay for
about 40 bucks, says it can be built for about $200. Typically with
an air barfeed you have to index a stop into position to determine
how much stock is fed out. I'd think it would be easier to make a
stock puller, perhaps mounted on the rear of the cross slide, and
run lengths of stock that are close to the length thru your spindle
unless you have a lot of parts to run. Air operated chucks with
front mounted actuators that dont require a drawtube and thus dont
reduce the available diameter thru the spindle hole are seriously
expensive ($7K plus) and you hardly ever see them available on the
used market. I know, cause I've looked a lot for one.

wanliker@a..., timg@k...
> >Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
[Moderators]
> >URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> >OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> >If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if you have trouble.
> >http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members
are there, for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

> >NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO
EXCEPTIONS........
> >bill
> >List Mom
> >List Owner
> >

> >Yahoo! Groups Links

n622003 2004-03-19 07:23:49 UTC Automatic Bar Feeder? alex 2004-03-19 07:53:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Automatic Bar Feeder? metlmunchr 2004-03-19 08:16:58 UTC Re: Automatic Bar Feeder? Dan Mauch 2004-03-19 08:29:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Automatic Bar Feeder? Kim Lux 2004-03-19 08:34:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Automatic Bar Feeder? doug98105 2004-03-20 03:00:20 UTC Re: Automatic Bar Feeder?