CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PPorts and ISA

Posted by sdfine@d...
on 2004-03-20 09:12:46 UTC
I just did a Google search for ISA boards and got a bunch of hits. Here's
one at Tiger
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5
15536&Sku=S450-2130&SRCCODE=PRICEGRABBER

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron [mailto:veeguy@...]
Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 12:21 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PPorts and ISA

>It's like ISA slots. I'm seeing them become pretty scarce these
>days. But I
>have a whole pile of ISA boards (mostly networking cards but also
>some other
>stuff as well) that I'd like to use.

>Nothing wrong with ISA, either -- it's still faster than most of
>the peripherals that connect to it -- but it also means another
>chip on the MB to
>make that happen, and if cheap is what's driving the market, they
>go away too.

The small form factor boards/cases are the exception to the standard
parallel port. The small cases and their motherboards are targeted
at LAN party type gamers. I don't know about you, but I hate
lugging an IBM line printer to a all night Half Life tourney!

The ISA port post is *right* on target. I have searched high and
low for ANY motherboards with ISA slots. There are none, zero, zip,
nada.

I had to replace 3 Allen Bradley Data Hiway plus and DH485 1784KTX
cards with the PCI equivalent (1785PKTX) in able to upgrade my old
PC. At $1275.- each, I would have paid QUITE a premium for a new
Motherboard with ISA slots!

veeguy

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.