CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: rookie needs help

Posted by djamer88
on 2004-03-20 15:07:22 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jens Swales"
<jipeess2000@y...> wrote:
> hi
>
> how did you arrange the temporary connection?
> do you use an external pendant or similar for the z-jog?
>

> jens
>
> Hi Jens
I just used an aligator clip to connect to the wire, i also should
have added that this is my first attempt at retrofitting.

Dennis

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "djamer88" <dennisf38@a...>
> wrote:
> > First thanks to all for any help, I have the Flash cut system and
> > Have it installed on the PC side and it's working, I am trying to
> use
> > it on an Orac Denford lathe using it's original PKS Digiplan
drives
> > and MAE stepper motor's the drives do not need an enable line as
> they
> > are hot with power turned on both drives are holding position, I
> did
> > have the Z stepper jog from the jog control on the PC screen but
> > had the line in a temporary connection and when I made it a more
> > permanent connection and hooked up the X dive and retried the
> system
> > it would not jog again I have double checked the connection
drives
> > are hot grounds are good but no Jog control any help is
appreciated.

> > Brg's
> > Dennis

Discussion Thread

djamer88 2004-03-20 13:07:02 UTC rookie needs help Jens Swales 2004-03-20 14:08:52 UTC Re: rookie needs help djamer88 2004-03-20 15:07:22 UTC Re: rookie needs help Jens Swales 2004-03-21 11:29:32 UTC Re: rookie needs help