CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cam / EMC

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-03-30 06:00:54 UTC
Mike,

If all you want is the threading, there's an article on making
an "electronic" leadscrew at the Houston Metalworking club website.
Simple digital logic is used.

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "cncchip" <cncchip@y...>
wrote:
> I'm new to the group / CNC / retrofitting. It seams this group
> holds a huge knowledge base on the subject. I have a good back
> ground in electronics with a primary interest in microcontrollers /
> digital logic. I also have a small mill and 2 lathes. I would
like
> to automate one of my lathes. My main goal is to be able to cut
any
> pitch thread without the need for all the change gears. I have
> installed ballscrews on both of the lathes axes. My first question
> is: Will I be able to use the existing 3ph 5hp motor to power the
> headstock? I plan to mount a rotary encoder to monitor its
> rotation. I also intend to use EMC to control the motion.
>
> What is a good cheap CAM program that produces G-Code for EMC?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Discussion Thread

cncchip 2004-03-29 15:30:43 UTC Cam / EMC ibewgypsie 2004-03-29 17:42:06 UTC Re: Cam / EMC turbulatordude 2004-03-29 21:33:06 UTC Re: Cam / EMC Michael Milligan 2004-03-30 04:05:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam / EMC ballendo 2004-03-30 06:00:54 UTC Re: Cam / EMC