CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam / EMC

on 2004-03-30 04:05:46 UTC
Mike

For CAM software take a look
at www.dolphin.gb.com, you can download
a trial version if you wish.

Concession prices are available for
Hobbyist users.

If you require any further information
please feel free to contact me off list.

Regards

Michael
Dolphin Cad Cam Systems Ltd

-----Original Message-----
From: turbulatordude [mailto:davemucha@...]
Sent: 30 March 2004 06:33
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam / EMC

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "cncchip" <cncchip@y...>
wrote:
> I'm new to the group / CNC / retrofitting. It seams this group
> holds a huge knowledge base on the subject. I have a good back
> ground in electronics with a primary interest in microcontrollers /
> digital logic. I also have a small mill and 2 lathes. I would
like
> to automate one of my lathes. My main goal is to be able to cut
any
> pitch thread without the need for all the change gears. I have
> installed ballscrews on both of the lathes axes. My first question
> is: Will I be able to use the existing 3ph 5hp motor to power the
> headstock? I plan to mount a rotary encoder to monitor its
> rotation. I also intend to use EMC to control the motion.
>
> What is a good cheap CAM program that produces G-Code for EMC?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

The threading is a closed loop on spindle speed. As long as your
spindle speed remains pretty constant per rev, that's all you need to
worry about.

TurboCNC offers all you need for a really low price, including
schematics on the rpm sensor.

Since it is a one point sensor, a stall in one rev is a problem.

A little more sophisticated spindle location sensor could eliminate
that problem.

Dave

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.

sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are there,
for OT subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.

NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM.
bill
List Mom
List Owner

Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

cncchip 2004-03-29 15:30:43 UTC Cam / EMC ibewgypsie 2004-03-29 17:42:06 UTC Re: Cam / EMC turbulatordude 2004-03-29 21:33:06 UTC Re: Cam / EMC Michael Milligan 2004-03-30 04:05:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam / EMC ballendo 2004-03-30 06:00:54 UTC Re: Cam / EMC