CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Cam / EMC

Posted by ibewgypsie
on 2004-03-29 17:42:06 UTC
I'm kinda interested, Microcontrollers? email me.

I been working on a cnc plc type system with a 68hc11 for the processor.
Rack multiplexed drives with heat-sink mosfets seperate.

David

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "cncchip" <cncchip@y...>
wrote:
> I'm new to the group / CNC / retrofitting. It seams this group
> holds a huge knowledge base on the subject. I have a good back
> ground in electronics with a primary interest in microcontrollers /
> digital logic. I also have a small mill and 2 lathes. I would like
> to automate one of my lathes. My main goal is to be able to cut any
> pitch thread without the need for all the change gears. I have
> installed ballscrews on both of the lathes axes. My first question
> is: Will I be able to use the existing 3ph 5hp motor to power the
> headstock? I plan to mount a rotary encoder to monitor its
> rotation. I also intend to use EMC to control the motion.
>
> What is a good cheap CAM program that produces G-Code for EMC?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Discussion Thread

cncchip 2004-03-29 15:30:43 UTC Cam / EMC ibewgypsie 2004-03-29 17:42:06 UTC Re: Cam / EMC turbulatordude 2004-03-29 21:33:06 UTC Re: Cam / EMC Michael Milligan 2004-03-30 04:05:46 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Cam / EMC ballendo 2004-03-30 06:00:54 UTC Re: Cam / EMC