CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PC loop control

Posted by Doug Chartier
on 2004-04-12 10:25:50 UTC
At 09:10 AM 4/12/2004, you wrote:
>Have a look at Ajax CNC control. I have installed two
>for the price it is tough to beat. Closest thing to
>industrial you can get for $2500!!

I've looked at the web Ajax web site. I MAY, and I emphasize the "may", be
looking for a retrofit for my BOSS 9. The machine came out of a school in
NY, and has very little running time. Wasn't ever put into production work
of any kind, but it is behaving a little quirky. Right now it is down with
a drive fault error. May be a board, might be something very minor.

I can't afford to call a tech out every week or so and do not want to start
replacing boards. I figure that it might be better in the long run to
start with a new and modern system. That's the reason I've considered the
Ajax.

The Ajax web site is the only place I've found relating to that
system. Anywhere else I can do some research? Obviously, since you have
installed two, I would be interested in more information from
you. "Closest thing to industrial you can get for $2500!" What keeps it
from being industrial??

Thanks,
Doug C.
Houston, Tex.

Discussion Thread

amkibel 2004-04-12 01:12:22 UTC PC loop control shawncd@p... 2004-04-12 06:11:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PC loop control Jon Elson 2004-04-12 09:17:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PC loop control Doug Chartier 2004-04-12 10:25:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] PC loop control Dave Fisher 2004-04-18 04:25:02 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC machine (UK) for sale