CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Driver software.

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2000-04-22 06:31:57 UTC
> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 23:58:14 +0200
> From: "J. J. Larsen" <jjl@...>
> Subject: Driver software.
>
> Hi all.
>
> I need some help to find the right software (for PC and WIN95) for my
> pcb-milling project, so I hope you will give me some advise on what to
use.
> The isolate software (IsoPro) generates a HPGL file, this file should be
> input to the software that i'm looking for. The output should be
> controlsignals on the parrallel-port for the stepper controllers (3-axis).
> The software don't need to be free.

Jens, I just did some research on translating HPGL files into DXF. The
following are two inexpensive software packages that will let you move from
HPGL, which is only lightly supported in most CNC controllers, and move into
at least DXF style controllers, or even on into G-code, as most of the
Cad-Cam systems will generate G-code from a DXF. For example EMC.

http://www.kandusoftware.com/products/windows/transplot.html $99

http://www.kandusoftware.com/products/windows/cadmover_lite.html $149

Both products may be purchased and downloaded from the internet. I was
trying to help a customer in India, who had lost all his DWG files, and had
only the PLT's left. He wanted to reconstruct his data files. Combine one
of these with Deskam, and you have a fairly economical package that you can
get some support for. Even Dan Mauch might help you!

PS-I'm sure someone will correct me if DesKam doesn't take DXF Right?

Best Regards,

Fred Smith
IMService

imserv@...
Phone: 248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670
Fax:248-486-3698

Discussion Thread

J. J. Larsen 2000-04-21 14:59:12 UTC Driver software. Carlos Guillermo 2000-04-21 17:22:05 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Driver software. Fred Smith 2000-04-22 06:31:57 UTC Re: Driver software.