CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] cnc mill project

on 2004-05-13 17:44:26 UTC
To add another perspective depending on what you intend to do with your
study of adaptive controls a true servo system may be more useful and
flexible. By true servo I mean a system that closes the loop through
the processor running the control code. This would allow information
that can not be had with step and direction controls to be feed directly
into your algorithms.

Obviously there are a number of things that you could be interested in
under the guise of adaptive controls that could very well be attacked
with step / direction electronics. The use of a Taig though indicates
that you probally could implement a number of differrent systems
relatively cheaply.

Thanks
Dave